Overview: This interactive workshop will provide participants with a review of stuttering and current research findings, along with evidence- based practice strategies, techniques and resources used in treating fluency individuals from pre-K through adulthood. Progress monitoring, goal writing and exit criteria will be discussed, as well. Participants are encouraged to bring currently used therapy materials that are typically used for articulation, language skills, vocabulary, etc. These materials will be used during a group activity to show how to incorporate them into fluency treatment/therapy activities that address the “ABC” components of stuttering disorders.
Participants will be able to:
1. Describe etiology, risk factors, and current trends in the treatment of stuttering.
2. Model and teach targeted evidence-based fluency enhancing techniques.
3. Identify indicators to measure progress in fluency therapy and dismissal criteria.
4. Use at least 3 targeted activities to address the “ABC’s” of stuttering.
5. Use materials and resources provided, in various therapy activities with students and parents.