SHAWNY Graduate Student Scholarship 2017
It’s back! SHAWNY is pleased to announce our 2017 Scholarship Contest!
The Speech-Language-Hearing Association of Western New York (SHAWNY) is pleased to offer one $500.00 scholarship to assist a graduate student in the Western New York area who is working towards a graduate degree in speech-language pathology or audiology. (Please note that we will not be offering an undergraduate scholarship this year.)
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- 1. Be a current graduate student in the area of speech-language pathology or audiology (including final semester graduate students, as the award may be applied to professional fees or student loans).
- 2. Be a student at one of our regional schools
- ***SUNY University at Buffalo
- ***Buffalo State College
- ***SUNY at Fredonia
- 3. Be a SHAWNY student member (the student may join at this time for a fee of $20.00- see enclosed application form if needed).
- 4. Participate in a final interview if deemed necessary by the scholarship committee.
The scholarship will be awarded based on leadership, community involvement, clinical experiences, an essay, academic performance, and additional experiences. The scholarship recipients will be notified in mid-April. This year’s scholarship award is a one-time payment of $500.00 to one graduate recipient. The winner will be presented with the scholarship at the SHAWNY Banquet on May 2, 2017.
**The deadline for this scholarship is March 13, 2017. This includes all scholarship application materials, letters of recommendation, official transcripts, etc. Scholarship materials received after this date will be considered late and therefore ineligible for consideration. There are no exceptions!
Application materials are listed below and may be downloaded. If you have any questions, please call Tracy Panzarella at (716) 444-5462 or contact via e-mail at email@example.com. Good luck!!!
Tracy A. Panzarella, M.A./CCC-SLP/L
Licensed Speech-Language Pathologist/TSHH
Director of Clinical Services
Media and Communications Representative
Autism Services, Inc.
4444 Bryant Stratton Way
Williamsville, NY 14221
Phone- (716) 631-5777, ext. 328
Fax- (716) 631-9234